Maximise your marketing engagement levels
Response rates are between 0.1% and 10.99% (to see a breakdown of these metrics read our article: Marketing benchmarking). The tips below highlight ways to maximise your marketing campaign engagement.
- Keep your audience in mind and tailor you campaigns, so each person feels like it was crafted just for them.
- Follow the marketing model AIDA (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action). Create Awareness. Generate Interest in the benefits of your offerings. Build Desire, moving people from ‘liking’ to ‘wanting’ your product or service. Finally, set an Action. This could be a meeting, an enquiry for further information or buying immediately.
- Ask a selection of people to read your campaign to ensure the message you wish to convey is coming across quickly and clearly.
- Provide an easy way for recipients to reply. Offer a variety of response options: for direct mail enclose a pre-paid reply envelope, a landline telephone, named email address or website form link.
- Include an offer to attract more attention; money-off vouchers, samples, or a free trial.
- Trial different messages to small groups, to assess your communication and response rates. Then roll out the message that received the best response rate to a wider audience.
- Use attention-grabbing images, interesting messaging, an attractive proposition and a benefits-led call-to-action. Monitor the responses with a campaign URL, reference code and telephone number for future improvements.
- Use software to monitor, integrate and automate your campaigns. How can you put this into practice? If an email recipient doesn’t click the links, setup an automated follow-up campaign. For readers who do engage post a letter or make a call.
If you want to increase sales we can help you to accomplish your marketing goals. To find out more, just email us today firstname.lastname@example.org.