How to be an email marketing pro
For the benefit of those of you who are not yet using email marketing to its full potential this article will highlight what makes an email campaign work; convinces subscribers to open, or click on a call to action and buy your product, or service.
1. A winning subject line
The first thing to consider is subject line length. Research showed that the length of subject lines doesn’t have an enormous effect on open and click-through rates. For ease of mobile device reading though, it’s best to keep the title short (five to six words for optimal layout results).
The subject line content can improve open rates slightly. The largest positive effect on open rates is personalisation by including a first name or business name, followed by ‘Your/You’. The open rate can also increase by including these words: Invitation (9.45%), We (5.87%), New (3.26%), Special/Specials (2.75%)./p>
2. What content should you include?
- The content should explain your offering and the benefits it will bring to the recipient in the easiest way.
- Think about who you are sending your email to and what content will interest them.
- If you want to get fast results a well thought out marketing offer is essential.
- People’s attention span is, on average, eight seconds. Therefore, writing long, text-heavy email campaigns isn’t the best approach.
- You need to structure your emails to help draw people into reading your content while guiding them toward the email’s call to action.
- The copywriting of an email is responsible for stimulating subscribers to respond positively.
- You should add imagery to break up the copy and make the campaign visually exciting and memorable.
3. Engaging call to action
Every email needs a call to action. It’s an instruction that encourages action. The call to action should encourage subscribers to go from reading your email to the next stop on the digital journey. This could lead subscribers to a company campaign URL, product page, blog article or social sites.
4. Button benefits statement
The buttons you use in your campaigns are an important step towards getting readers to click-through and visit your website, to get a positive click through you may like to avoid common words (Download, Apply, Order, Submit), as benefits statement will get higher responses.
.Our experts are waiting to help. We will provide our initial ideas without charge, so you can check out the chemistry without risking a penny. Contact us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org.